This Isn't Working Anymore





The goal for this year is to let go of everything which is no longer serving me.  In many cases, this is purely material stuff.  But in some cases, I really need to let go of attitudes, habits or ways of looking at the world.  This week's blog post will tackle a big one for me.  Mornings.  I am so not a morning person.  I've shared in earlier blog posts how awful I find mornings.  It doesn't help that I seldom sleep well.  I don't ever wake up feeling refreshed or ready to start the day.  It's more like I'd trade my own grandmother for just one more minute of sleep.  Yet one more minute never helps.  In fact, even another hour or two isn't all that helpful.

The ability to sleep a little later, seems like the best thin ever the night before.  The next morning though, it's not always so great.  I find myself getting up not based on how I feel but on the numbers on the clock.  (It's only 7:30am,  I don't need to get up yet.)  Then I sleep later.  Sometimes it's a great feeling.  Other times I wake up with a headache or nightmares because I've actually overslept.

Besides, I have things to do and like most other people not enough time to do them.  I'm working on edits for my second novel.  I'm transcribing a book for a friend (and I've been working on it for WAY longer than I'd hoped.)  There's laundry to do and books to read and all kinds of other things I want and need to do.

For years, I had a family gym membership.  I hung onto it for a long time because we we gradfathered in at a lower price.  Eventually though, I could no longer ignore the fact that my family doesn't use it.  They used to but it's been a long time.  I asked each of them if they thought they would use it in the future and all three of them said probably not.  So I converted from a family membership to an individual.  This is a long way of saying that I could also be exercising in the morning and I'm not doing that either.

At the moment, my new job doesn't have me scheduled until 10am.  Which means, if I could actually get me butt out of bed, I could accomplish some things in the morning.  Yes!  I said accomplish some things in the morning!  Which is amazing and absurd and unheard of for me,  But I'm not just going to wake up and be a person who functions well in the mornings.

So my goal for the coming week is to wake up before I need too at least one day  I don't know how early it will be.  I don't know what I will accomplish in that time but the journey begins with one step.


Comments

Popular Posts