2016 Goals

    So one of my goals for 2016 is to let go of everything which no longer serves me.  Be it attitudes, habits or just plain STUFF, if it's not moving me forward or bringing me joy, it's out.  (At least that's the theory.  Doubtless it will be easier said than done.)
    Another of my goals for 2016 is to write more regularly.
    "What happened to your blog?" my sister-in-law asked.
    Well, nothing actually happened to it.  I just haven't written anything in six months.  (To my credit here, I did write a novel but the blog has been abandoned for a while.)
    What better way to achieve both goals than by resurrecting Forces of Chaos?  It began as a blog about clutter and STUFF.  Why not continue in that vein?  You, dear reader, will be privy to all my battles regarding STUFF.  You may be horrified, You may be appalled.  You may vow never to come over to me house.  But I will do my best to be forthright, honest and authentic.  (After all, what's the point of publicly tackling one of your greatest issues, if you're not going to actually deal with your issue?)
    I'm proud of myself this week. I brought four bags of stuff to the thrift store and dumped three bags of trash in addition to all the weekly, everyday trash which my family makes.  (I saw a special about a woman who threw out just one tiny bag of trash in an entire year.  I am in awe of this woman but I'm really, really far away from being able to be like her!)
    At any rate, I'm proud of myself not only because I got rid of this stuff but also because I didn't go back into the thrift store just to "look around".  Yup.  I do this.  I have yet to re-purchase something I donated but my husband is certain it's only a matter of time before it happens.
    I began a clothing swap at my church a few years ago.  It runs three time a year and it's a pretty popular event with the community.  However, I can no longer donate my own stuff.  Why?  Because it sits there on the table and I'm inevitably sucked back in.  "
    "This is actually kinda' nice," I think.
    "Why did I want to get rid of this anyway?"
    And I bring half the stuff I donated right back home.
    No, I've come to understand that when I finally decide I'm able to get rid of something, it needs to go RIGHT THEN or forget it.  I don't have buyer's remorse.  I have donator's remorse.
    So, purging and writing are the goals.  If I'm not writing, feel free to harass me and ask me if I'm actually getting rid of stuff.
    Hang on.  It may get bumpy.

Comments

Popular Posts