Drawer Number 1

    Oooh...This is going to be fun!

    Drawer number one lives in the kitchen.  I would like to take this opportunity to say that I really hate these drawers.  There are five of them plus a large one we use as a junk drawer.  (The latter will be undoubtedly horrifying when we get there.)  These drawers are made of (fall-a)particle board.  Whoever decided that this would be the most durable material for kitchen drawers should be shot.  I can't tell you how many times I have glued, braced, reinforced and otherwise repaired these drawers.  Okay, drawer rant over.  Let's get to the good stuff.

    Drawer number one contained the following:

    (1) set of coffee maker instructions for a coffee make we still own but seldom use.
    (1) package of raspberry jello
    (25 or so, I didn't count) loose toothpicks
    (4) garden flags
    (1) mini frisbee
    (2) mismatched lids for Tupperware cups
    (1) set of instructions for a radio, which amazingly still functions and still lives in the kitchen...winning!
    (2) Omaha Steaks cookbook(lets).  These are exactly the same.  Why are there two?  Why Did I keep two? Is there anything in there my family would actually eat?  When was the last time I actually looked in this drawer?
    (1) set of instructions for a microwave we no longer own
    (1) set of instructions for a popcorn popper we no longer own
    (1) potholder which says "Cooking What a Thrill" with a depressed-looking cat
    (2) Snapple tea bags
    (2) boxes of Respiratory Balance Tea
    (3) tiny keys on a ring.  I have absolutely no idea what these keys go to.
    (1) #2 pencil
    (1) ancient faucet aerator
    (6) random ball bearings
    (1) plastic donkey
    (1) sheet of Bob the Builder Stickers (they look like they came out of a cereal box)
    (11) old spice bottles full of way past their prime spices.

    The Respiratory Balance Tea, the garden flags, the instructions for items we still own, and the ball bearings went back into the drawer.  Why keep the ball bearings, you ask?  I dunno.  They were shiny.

    The plastic donkey, potholder, Tupperware cup lids, pencil and tiny keys all got moved to different locations.  We may encounter these items again.  It bothered me to throw the keys out even though I had no idea what they belonged to, so I kept them.  (And I wonder why I have issues with clutter.) 

    Everything else went into the trash including the spice bottles which I only ever filled once, sometime around the time I got married, somewhere in the late Jurassic period.  I never used spices from those bottles and there was never a spice rack that went with them.  Still, I felt somehow I should hang onto them.  They made me feel nostalgic in some way.  God knows why.  But I tossed them anyway.  Yay, me!

    There was a lot more stuff in that drawer than I thought.

Comments

Popular Posts