Creating Space

    It's been an interesting summer to say the least for all kinds of reasons. I've been feeling pretty good lately. Like I'm resolving issues. Like I'm growing and evolving and vibrating at a higher frequency. Like I'm all smart and enlightened and stuff. That feeling of enlightenment has led me to examine some of my behaviors in some situations and that has led to me feeling not all that enlightened anymore. Sigh.

    So there's more to learn and that's okay. Becuase when you're out of things to learn, you're dead. It's a lifelong process. I'm okay with that. My husband said that sometimes humility comes and bitch slaps you in the face. It's weird that he said it in that way, because I've never heard the words “bitch slap” come out of his mouth before but whatever. He wasn't even talking about me, it just happened to resonate with me. It's a good sentiment.

    Now, I have all this clamor in my head. I feel like there are some lessons I need to be learning although at this point, I can't tell you what those lessons might be. I just feel like I need to clear some space. There are a lot of ways to create this kind of space. You can meditate, pray, come to your yoga mat, spend time in nature and I do all of these things.

    But I feel like I need something else. And it occurred to me randomly today that the way that I can clear space to chill my brain out and to learn whatever it is I'm supposed to learn, is by actually clearing space.

    Yup. Physically cleaning, clearing and purging. Of course I've been trying to tackle these issues forever. Yet if I use clearing space as a means to an end (clearing space to actually create some space), I wonder if I'll have more success. I'm just to a point where I feel like I need less. Having less physical stuff in my physical space is going to let me figure out whatever it is I need to. Don't ask me how I know this. It's just my intuition. I trust my intuition. And the more I trust it, the better it gets.

    My standard line of resistance to cleaning and clearing is “Who cares how things look, anyway?” or “I'm just not very good at this stuff.” But what if those aren't precisely the truth? What if my resistance is really about those lessons I need to learn, whatever thay may be? This is a yoga thing and a wisdom thing in general. Where is your resistance? Really examine it. Lean into it. Learn from it. It's kinda' terrifying actually. It's WAY easier to just go into avoidance mode. Will knowing that make it easier? Who knows?


    I only know that I'm going to try to come at the problem of my physically messy life from a totally different angle.  Altering my physical mess isn't even the primary goal here and that's totally different for me.  Stay tuned. I'll let you know how it goes. (And if you regularly read my blog because it amuses you or you find some truth in it or whatever, feel free to hold me accountable.)

Comments

Popular Posts