Acting As If

So I had an idea last week and I'm going to try an experiment.  I'm all about the power of positive thinking.  I'm all about creating my reality.  I'm headed to Nova Scotia this fall.  I don't know how but I don't need to know how.  I just know that I'm going to research my new book (which is going to be amazing by the way).  I know that I want another dog but I'm not actively pursuing it.  I'm just staying receptive.  When the time is right and the dog is right, I'll know.  So why not try this with not only future experiences but with my long-held beliefs as well?

I've written a lot in this blog about being a "bad" housekeeper.  About being poorly organized.  About not really caring how my house looks (although obviously, I kinda' care or I wouldn't be thinking about it).  I've said these things out loud too.  I've said them to a lot of different people in a lot of different ways over the years.

What if I flip the script?  It's what I would tell somebody else to do.  Stop saying how bad I am at all this stuff.  What if I started saying, "I am amazing at this housekeeping stuff.  My house is so clean and really it's easy for me to keep it that way."  If I start saying different things, perhaps different things will start happening.

My husband and I have great friends who have had us over to dinner three times in a row.  I want to have them over to our house but it's ridiculous right now.  "We don't judge," the guy kindly told me.  I'm sure they don't but right now there's no where for anyone to even sit and eat.  Still,  I want to be a good friend and I don't want my house to hold me back.  I am great at this.  I have got this.  My house will look awesome.

Admittedly, my timing isn't ideal. I'm about to start a college class two nights a week and I already teach yoga on the other two I honestly don't know how much time/energy I will have in the next month.  But I'm going to behave as if.  My mess isn't going anywhere (yet).

I have nothing to lose here.  If I say I'm an awesome housekeeper, it's not like my cat will say "Yeah, right. As if." Or maybe he will but I don't necessarily trust the opinion of someone who drinks out of the toilet.




Comments

Popular Posts