Choose Your Outlaws and Bikinis

The other day, my son and I were having breakfast at my mom's house.  She was talking about my grandmother (her mother-in-law) and how my grandmother would never argue if she disagreed with you on something.  She would just stop talking to you.  "Oh, well," my mom said, "You can't choose your in-laws."

My son got a glint in his eye and said, "Yeah,but you can choose your outlaws."

The more I think about this, the more I love it.  It's a "your vibe attracts your tribe sort of thing". If you're going to be badass, then maybe you choose your outlaws.  I have managed to assemble a great group of outlaws.  These are people who believe in me and love me no matter what.  And me being me, I'm probably not even done with collecting people.

One of these fabulous people has been gifted with a girl's weekend for her birthday which is just three days after my own.  God bless her, she's bringing me with her. We have been friends for more than half of our lives and a few days at the beach will be heaven.   I'm looking forward to the trip tremendously and it got me thinking about THE BIKINI.

A few years ago, I bought a bikini. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never had the chutzpah to wear it.  But life is short.  And I have promised an epic second act.  And I have decided that nobody gets to judge me.   Yup, I'm plus sized.  Yup I'm fifty.  I have scars and stretch marks and cellulite.  But you know what? Who cares?  Why should those be reasons to not wear it/   Have you seen the Reubenesque women?  Those chicks are gorgeous. 

I am choosing my outlaws.  We lift one another up.  We make each other better. And I am going to wear the bikini. 

Comments

Popular Posts