For Your Entertainment and Amusement, My Kitchen Bulletin Board

    My bulletin board in the kitchen fell down last week.  It had help but I forget if that assistance was kid or cat related.  At any rate, I finally got the drywall screws I needed to put it back up.  It hasn't been cleaned off in...um...let me think...never.  So, I decided this would be an appropriate place to dedicate my Battling the Forces of Chaos energy.  My kitchen bulletin board contained the following:

(1) recipe for holiday Wassail.  Did you know that holiday Wassail contains (among several other ingredients) a gallon of white wine and 2 cups of rum?  President's Day is a holiday, right?  Let's make some Wassail.  Sign me up!
(3) assorted Cub Scout religious awards, earned with varying degrees of reluctance depending on which child they belong to.
(2) Zentangle tiles, drawn by me at a free Zentangle workshop, last summer, at the library.
(1) flamingo tack pin
(1) really ugly yellow flower pin
(1) Red Cross blood donor "One Gallon" pin.  (I'm proud of this one!)
(1) Operation Lifesaver (railroad) tack pin
(1) Bloom County cartoon (Pear pimples for hairy fishnuts?)
(1) Halloween photo card featuring my brother's cat and dog
(1) business card from a job my husband no longer works at
(1) photo from when the younger child played baseball (circa 2003, maybe?)
(1) Certificate of completion for National Novel Writing Month (I'm proud of this one too!)
(1) Certificate of completion for Mental Health First Aid training
(1) Pure Periwinkle paint chip.  It's a great color which I may paint my bedroom but it's way too much alliteration when written out!
(1) flyer for an indoor play place, which is no longer in business (and no longer relevant to my children since they're now 14 and 17.  I'm afraid they're way more interested in girls these days than the interactive Zig Zag Zone, whatever that was)
(1) neon green good behavior chart.  Based on the amount of holes in this chart (from things being pinned on top of it) and based on the behaviors rewarded, this chart is it least ten years old.  If you want to keep count (and my kids are always keeping score) child number one earned more smiley face stickers than his brother.
(1) picture of me and my dog
(1) phone list (sadly in need of updates)
(3) bumper stickers: "Stand For Peace"/"When the power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power, the World Will Know Peace"/and "Mom's Rock"
(5) buttons:
      "Worcester: Birthplace of the Smiley Face" (w/ smiley face)
      "Newbury Comics"
      "War is the Real Enemy"
      peace symbol
      "Are We Having Fun Yet?" (circa 1987!)
     and finally...
    "Kiss Me, I'm Icelandish".  (I've had this forever and it cracks me up but don't ask where it came from because I have absolutely no idea!)

    Some of this stuff was worth keeping (some, not so much) but most of it doesn't need to live on the bulletin board, right at this moment.  I also found lots of pushpins and thumbtacks which were hiding under various things.  Useful.  I pronounce the bulletin board, clean...enough.

Comments

Popular Posts