A Laundry Basket Without Laundry

    Ever since my dryer needed repairs, three weeks ago, my laundry has been out of control. I just haven't been able to get ahead of it.   Therefore today's Forces of Chaos recipient is a laundry basket without laundry.  I figure I can't afford to have laundry baskets full of anything other than laundry at this point.  This particular basket was randomly filled with assorted nonsense just before New Year's Eve in an OMG-people-are-coming-over, fit.  This basket contained:

   (1) flat head screwdriver - No wonder I can't find any tools in this house...they're all in boxes and not the tool box!
   (1) bag of beads and beading supplies
   (1)Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins.  I love this book.  I love the idea of this book.  If you want to know how we came to say "dog eat dog" or "eating humble pie" or "hubba, hubba" come see me.  I'll hook you up.  Or look it up.  Or something.
   (1) book on meditation.  This is helpful as my meditation class re-starts this Friday.
   (1) electric pencil sharpener sans batteries. The batteries have no doubt been stolen by a 14-year old to power an XBOX controller.
   (1) autographed Lionz of Zion CD.  This was from my adventures at Warped Tour last summer.  Nope, they didn't have a mosh pit.
   (1) slightly bent magnetic photo frame, still in the package.
   (1) rainbow, unicorn bandanna.  This was loaned to one of the 17-year-old's friends as a last minute Halloween costume accessory.  The friend really wanted a plain red or blue bandanna but when you wait until the last minute, and beg your best friend's mom for assistance you get what you get.
   (1) light bulb - Good, I needed one of these!
   (3) fitted bedsheets
   (1) yellow Power Ranger
   (1) plastic Alice in Wonderland (hugging a flamingo)
   (1) stuffed fish
   (1) Star Wars storm trooper Pez dispenser
   (1) envelope containing my W2 forms from 1989!  This was given to me by my dad last summer when he was cleaning out his files.  I didn't even look at the envelope when he gave it to me.  (Apparently, I just threw it in a laundry basket.)  In case you wondered if my clutter issues were a genetic anomaly, worry no more.  My dad lovingly kept my W2 forms for almost 25 years.  It's pretty clear that I come by these issues honestly!  (But hey, I worked four different jobs in 1989 and earned a total of $5050.  Huzzah!)

    Much of this stuff is still relevant and usable (see the last 5 items on the list).  In addition to having stuff which has no relevance (1989 W2 forms anyone?) I also have highly relevant stuff which I've forgotten I own or simply cannot find.  Problem identified...now what do I do about it?

Comments

Popular Posts